P.S. 38, or Public School 38, is a public school, and is the school where most of Big Nate takes place. Nate Wright, a student at the school, does not like the school, as it is beaten up and old. The school is over 100 years old, and is two or three floors high. The mascot of P.S. 38 is the Bobcat.
- "...a building that smells like a combination of chalk dust, ammonia, and Mystery Meat."
- ―Nate Wright describing his school
P.S. 38 opened on February 7, 1912, making it over a century old. Over the years, the school has gotten old, and beaten up. Paint started to peel, and problems occurred more frequently. When a mural by folk artist Granny Peppers was discovered in the school, P.S. 38 sold it to a museum. The money they received was used for repairs on the school.
- Locker rooms
- Faculty Lounge
- Student's Lounge (converted from the photocopy room)
- Parking/Faculty parking lot
- Computer Lab
Also see Category:Clubs at P.S. 38
P.S. 38 Staff and Administration
Mr. Ken Rosa
- Nate's awesome Art teacher, Cartooning Club faculty advisor
- Nate's cruel Physical Education teacher, substitute
Mr Galvin - Nate’s Science Teacher
- P.S. 38 is rivals with Jefferson Middle School, another middle school in Nate's town. It is said that Jefferson is a sister institution of P.S. 38.
- P.S. 38 could be based off of a school in New York.
- It is more than 100 years old.
- P. S. 38 has been around since 1912 as seen in several comic strips.
Nate runs out of P.S. 38 in this comic strip.
Jefferson. P. S. 38's rival.
Nate and Francis conversing at school.