The class takes a pop quiz. Nate thought he finished first, but didn't see the back side until it was time to pass it in. He tried to finish it, but Mr. Staples grabbed his quiz. Nate pulled back, and it ripped. Nate got another detention for this.
As part of Nate's plan to behave for the day, Mr. Staples appeared telling a joke and Nate was aside him, laughing.
He was mentioned as a bad dancer when he does the robot.
He says Nate's homework is the Mona Lisa of bar graphs.
Mr. Staples is known to be not humorous around his students even though he thinks he is.
- Mr. Staples is the facilitator of the math team.
- He is not good at telling jokes, as described by Nate.
- He is also known to have said: "Math is all around us! You'll use math every day of your life!".
- He is bad at doing the robot.
- He's a bit different in the comics than in the book\
- He is a bit better than Mr. Galvin and other teachers.(As seen in the teacher ratings comic)