Big Nate Career
Peirce first started development on Big Nate in 1991, and it started as his best known comic. Big Nate is mainly about Nate Wright 's life at P.S. 38, his adventures with his pals Francis and Teddy, and his troubles with his rivals such as Mrs. Godfrey, and Artur . The comic has eventually evolved into novels and comic books that have been a success. Peirce has also created an island called Big Nate Island on the popular online game, Poptropica.
Poptropica was first officially released in September 2007 to the public. Poptropica is published by Lincoln Peirce and the Family Education Network. Poptropica is "a virtual world where kids can explore and play in safety", as said in the FAQ's on Poptropica. In Poptropica, you do engaging quests, fun stories, and entertaining games.
- Peirce explained that his last name is not pronounced "pierce", and it is really pronounced "purse".
- Jeff Kinney explains that he was inspired by the Big Nate comic strips to create Diary of a Wimpy Kid.
- Peirce first began cartooning at Colby College in Maine. He also studied at Skowhegan School of Painting and Sculpture.
- For 3 years, Lincoln Peirce taught baseball in New York at a High School. He also plays hockey with "an old mans league". Peirce describes it as "his best sport as a child".
- According to the Big Nate website, he is not related anyhow to the president Franklin Pierce. One time, as he said, he was mistaken by that name.