|Grandparent(s):||Unknown Names, one 20 years older than the other|
|Nemesis:||Randy Betancourt, Nolan and other Jefferson students|
|Friend(s):||Nate, Teddy, Chad, Artur, Dee Dee, Sheila, Jenny, Breckenridge Puffington III.|
|First Appearance:||1991 comic|
Francis always wears a green shirt with a F in the center of it, He also wears jeans. His outfit only changes in the winter, when he swaps it for something warm. Nate and Francis became best friends in kindergarten at naptime. When Francis began snoring, Nate hit him on the head with his Thomas the Tank Engine lunchbox, and that is how they became friends.
Francis has been shown in Big Nate to be very friendly to other people and intelligent for school-related stuff. Francis can also sometimes be shown/called a nerd, mostly because he sometimes carries around a book of tons of facts.
- Across Big Nate, including both the comics and books, he and Nate seen making fun of each other is common. But as stated in Big Nate Strikes Again, that is how they operate.
- Francis was very chubby as a baby as a result to baby fat.
- He is a member of the P.S. 38 cartooning club.
- Francis' and Nate's houses are right next to each other.
- In Big Nate Flips Out, his biggest secret is that his middle name is Butthurst.
- He is obsessed with trivia.
- Despite Nate unfavorable view of Mrs. Godfrey, Francis is still kind to her.
- Francis is the captain of the Trivia Slam team "Francis's Factoids".
- Francis and Gina has almost the same smartness. In one comic, it is revealed his GPA (grade point average) is 99.5 and Gina's is 99.8
- His name is a reference to Pope Francis.
- He wants to be an epidemiologist.
- in Big Nate Flips Out he and Nate have a falling out when Nate loses the camera that Francis borrowed for him.